After much rewriting and testing, the April in Paris capelet pattern is finally available. I’ve listed it on Etsy since I’m not set up to sell on this blog. Many thanks to Melissa for her help in finalizing the pattern. This lovely yarn is hand dyed from The Little Weasel shop in Paris.
This yarn is Malabrigo “Sock”, and it has a lot more stretch to it than the Little Weasel yarn. I had to modify the neckline, but you don’t see that in this photo. I suggest when looking for yarn, choose one that is not very stretchy for best results. The Malabrigo was luscious to work with but didn’t give the same results. I did write in the modifications that I came up with for the neckline. I’m currently working on one in cotton, and I will post the results here. I suspect it will be very stretchy. Might have to go down a hook size.
Wednesday WIPs is taking a backseat today for two reasons: I’ve way too many WIPs, but I have a lot of finished projects I want to show off. It doesn’t help much that I’ve been gone for so long. What with two trips in two months under my belt, who has time to write. Additionally, I’m still publishing two newsletters a month for The Yarn Store at Nob Hill, teaching classes, and now getting ready for craft fair season.
One project that took quite a bit of time and effort was getting a teaching plan and patterns ready for a project for The Yarn Store (TYS). The store wanted to reach out to the university crowd by offering kits at a reasonable price. The kits are for either crochet or knit and include how-to instructions for beginners, five patterns, yarn and tools in a pouch plus lessons with an instructor. Another woman did the knit portion, and I did the crochet portion. I wrote three original patterns, a photo-tutorial on a granny square scarf in chart form, and an adaptation of the Amazing Grace headband. Since starting this blog, I’ve been updating my color scheme in my patterns, so you’ll notice that they coordinate well with the blog. I also like the bi-fold style layout which looks like this:
I had to put the watermark on them because they are for sale on Ravelry and in TYS kits. Here is what the others look like.